Koinonia Community is seeking to fill the position of a social worker as detailed below;
Job title: Social worker
Reporting line: Project Manager.
To ensure efficient and effective day to day running of social activities in the project and the welfare of all beneficiaries (direct and indirect) are well observed. This should be done in line with Koinonia community policies on beneficiary protection and care within the delegated authority of a results based management framework.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to;
- In charge of all matters relating to the day-to-day welfare of beneficiaries
- Promote team work in the facilitation of beneficiary activities with other members of staff and volunteers.
- Facilitate quality beneficiary sessions in line with their rehabilitation care plans. This involves facilitation of programs in psychosocial support, mentorship and education
- Coordinate and plan with the other staff members on internal control systems, work schedules and follow ups such as community, home, hospital and school and visits
- Prepare annual and monthly work plans as well as progress reports for the social department in conjunction with other departmental staff
- Prepare accounting records, inventory, asset register, periodic financial reports and budget for all the beneficiaries and hand them to the manager on time for monthly requisition and liquidations
- Conduct needs assessments and case studies of beneficiaries in the project
- Maintain and update beneficiary personal files and database
- Liaise with the project manager on plans affecting beneficiary placement, reintegration issues and family based interventions.
- Plan and conduct monthly meetings with the parents and the community
- Ensure effective communication, mobilization and networking with other relevant organizations for referrals and support in the rescue, rehabilitation and reintegration of beneficiaries.
- Enhance project efficiency and effectiveness through implementation of follow-up activities with various stakeholders, including monitoring of Koinonia inputs, local conditions and resources
- Compile beneficiary related training and orientation materials to promote knowledge sharing with other members of staff, donors and all other stakeholders.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Project Manager
Minimum Requirements and experience
- Diploma in Social work or related field with a strong bias in counseling.
- Computer literacy a must: working knowledge of MS office required;
- Experience in capacity building which includes facilitation of community-based training and awareness
- Good knowledge of children rights and abuse prevention
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- No less than 2 years previous work experience,
Terms of Employment:
- I year Renewable Contract
- Probation period for the first 3 Months
Interested candidates WHO FULLY MEET the above criteria should send their applications to Human Resources Manager (via E-mail- email@example.com with Subject. Social worker Job Application, handwritten applications can be deposited at the reception of Shalom House,St. Daniel Comboni Rd, off Ngong’ road ) along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certificate of good conduct and copies of both academic and professional certificates stating their current position, three (3) professional referees, current and expected salary and their daytime contacts addressed to: Human Resource Manager
The Closing date for receiving applications will be 9th December 2017. Koinonia Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability