Koinonia Community is seeking to fill the positions of project assistants (Peer educators) as detailed below;
NB: THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR CURRENT AND FORMER KOINONIA BENEFICIARIES – ONLY.
Reporting line: Head of Department.
Maintains safe and secure environment for children by acting as a role model and participating in planning and monitoring activities.
Job Duties and responsibilities:
1. Monitor and authorize the entrance and departure of children and other persons in the children department.
2. Act as a teacher in the after school study sessions by helping the children with their homework, revision and creative learning activities.
3. Facilitate the creation of children groups for discussions, talent development and club-based activities. He/she will participate in child-based training programs and weekly meetings for the formation of the children.
4. Give daily feedback reports to the supervisors about what’s going on with the children and clarify to the children about expectations from teachers, family and the community.
5. Use personal life experiences as a role model to mentor the children on life choices relating to behavior, personal hygiene, school, study skills, career as well as life skills.
6. To plan and implement children activities which promote healthy, safe, and responsible living.
7. Participate in staff meetings, trainings, and workshops for personal and professional growth as you proceed with your studies.
8. Write reports of all daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
9. Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
10. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
11. Carry out farming activities within the project
12. Do any other duties as assigned by the project manager
1. He/she must be a holder of a K.C.S.E certificate (Grade C- and above) or vocational training completion certificate
2. Having been a member of a school club will be an added advantage
3. He/ She must have strong interpersonal skills together with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to approach and speak to children
4. Produce a recommendation letter from your former school
5. Demonstrated good behavior & a good role-model
6. Willing to work in a collaborative and a child friendly environment
Terms of Employment:
• I year Contract
• Probation period for the first 3 Months
Interested candidates WHO FULLY MEET the above criteria should send their applications to Human Resources Manager (via E-mail- email@example.com with Subject. Peer educator position Application, handwritten application can be deposited at the reception of Shalom House,St.Daniel Comboni Rd,off Ngong’ road ) along with a national identity card, detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic certificates (WITH ALL YOUR SCHOOL REPORT FORMS) stating three (3) referees of which two must be from outside Koinonia community and their daytime contacts addressed to: Human Resource Manager
The Closing date for receiving applications will be on 6th April 2018. Koinonia Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.