Koinonia Community is seeking to fill the position of a teacher as detailed below;
Job title: Primary school Teacher
Reporting line: Project Manager.
To ensure efficient and effective day to day running of education activities in the project and the welfare of all beneficiaries (direct and indirect) are well observed. This should be done in line with Koinonia community policies on beneficiary protection and care within the delegated authority of a results based management framework.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to;
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with the new curriculum.
- Promote team work in the facilitation of beneficiary activities with other members of staff and volunteers.
- Facilitate quality beneficiary sessions in line with their rehabilitation care plans. This involves facilitation of programs in psychosocial support, mentorship and education
- Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with all beneficiaries
- Enforce personal development by supporting students to utilize and develop their capabilities
- Liaise with the project manager on plans affecting beneficiary’s education and interventions.
- Ensure effective communication, mobilization and networking with other relevant organizations for referrals and support in the rescue, rehabilitation and reintegration of beneficiaries.
- Enhance project efficiency and effectiveness through implementation of follow-up activities with various stakeholders, including monitoring of Koinonia inputs, local conditions and resources
- Responsible for monitoring learning progress of all beneficiaries and their families
- Motivate beneficiaries with enthusiasm and imaginative presentations
- Compile beneficiary related training and orientation materials to promote knowledge sharing with other members of staff, donors and all other stakeholders.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Project Manager
Minimum Requirements and experience
- Diploma in Education with at least 2 years’ experience in primary school or related field with a strong bias in counseling or social work.
- Computer literacy a must: working knowledge of MS office required;
- Experience in capacity building which includes facilitation of community-based training and awareness
- Good knowledge of children rights and abuse prevention
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- No less than 2 years previous work experience,
Terms of Employment:
- I year Renewable Contract
- Probation period for the first 3 Months
Interested candidates WHO FULLY MEET the above criteria should send their applications to Human Resources Manager (via E-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject. Primary school teacher Job Application, handwritten applications can be deposited at the reception of Shalom House, St. Daniel Comboni Rd, off Ngong’ road) along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certificate of good conduct and copies of both academic and professional certificates stating their current position, three (3) professional referees, current and expected salary and their daytime contacts addressed to: Human Resource Manager
The Closing date for receiving applications will be 6th April 2018. Koinonia Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability