Koinonia Community is seeking to fill the position of a Physiotherapist as detailed below;
Job title: Physiotherapist
Reporting line: Project Manager.
The physiotherapist will provide physiotherapy services to children with physical difficulties resulting from illness, injury or disabilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assess and treat children with developmental, congenital and neuromuscular disorders
- Do qualitative and quantitative assessment to analyze and diagnose the nature and extent of impairments
- Perform in depth client evaluation, develop treatment plans and manage individualized treatment focused on the client’s individual goals
- Implement treatment plan by using exercises that stimulate and activate different parts of the body including play therapy
- Keep records of initial evaluation, progress and discharge of clients
- Work with family members to recognize and change behavior patterns that impede progress and train techniques for home program
- Collaborate with other therapists to develop and implement individual and group program for the client’s progress
- To periodically review and evaluate therapy approach and client’s progress and make recommendation and implementation as need be
- Conduct domiciliary visits for physiotherapy services and identify new cases of disabilities.
- Ensure continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing and instructing families and caregivers in home exercise programs.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Diploma in physiotherapy from a recognized institution with valid license from the physiotherapist board (KSP).
- Minimum of 2 years work experience; working with children with special needs is an added advantage.
- He/she must have strong interpersonal skills together with excellent written and verbal communication skills, self driven and motivated.
- Experience and competence in use of Basic Computer applications.
- Good team working skills.
Terms of Employment:
- I year Renewable Contract
- Probation period for the first 4 Months
Interested candidates WHO FULLY MEET the above criteria should send their applications to Human Resources Manager (via E-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject. Physiotherapy Job Application, handwritten application can be deposited at the reception of Shalom House,St.Daniel Comboni Rd,off Ngong’ road ) along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of both academic and professional certificates, stating their current position, three (3) professional referees, current, and expected salary and their daytime contacts addressed to: Human Resource Manager
The Closing date for receiving applications will be 20th January 2018. Koinonia Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.