Koinonia Community is seeking to fill the position of a Pharmaceutical Technologist as detailed below;
Job title: Pharmaceutical Technologist
Reporting line: Team Leader.
The Pharmaceutical Technologist will be responsible for all the operations in the pharmacy department of the health facility. H/she will ensure that the department’s objectives are met under professional management. The position requires a strategic team player with talent, knowledge, skills and attitude for the delivery of services within the community.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to;
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician/clinician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Develops staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals.
- Complies with Kenyan drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Perform administrative tasks including proper documentation, adequate inventory management and generation of adequate reports
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A Diploma in Pharmacy from an institution recognized in Kenya;
- Successfully completed one (1) year internship from a recognized institution; and
- A registration certificate by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Ability to organize workload and identify priorities with attention to detail
- Demonstrated critical thinking and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of children rights and abuse prevention
- Computer literacy is a must: working knowledge for analyzing information
Terms of Employment:
- I year Renewable Contract
- Probation period for the first 3 Months
Interested candidates WHO FULLY MEET the above criteria should send their applications to Human Resources Manager (via E-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject.
Pharmaceutical Technologist Job Application, handwritten applications can be deposited at the reception of Shalom House,St. Daniel Comboni Rd, off Ngong’ road ) along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certificate of good conduct and copies of both academic and professional certificates stating their current position, three (3) professional referees, current and expected salary and their daytime contacts addressed to: Human Resource Manager
The Closing date for receiving applications will be 3rd February 2019. Koinonia Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability