Koinonia Community is seeking to fill the position of an Economic empowerment officer as detailed below;
Reporting line: Team Leader
- In charge of all matters relating to the day-to-day empowerment of beneficiaries
- Promote team work in the facilitation of beneficiary activities with other members of staff and volunteers.
- Facilitate quality beneficiary sessions in line with their empowerment plans. Enhance the development of business plans with individual and groups of youth and families
- Coordinate and plan with the other staff members on work schedules to assist families and youth at risk in order to improve their social and economic situations
- Coordinate the establishment of empowerment initiatives. Prepare annual and monthly work plans as well as progressive and final annual reports
- Prepare accounting records, inventory, asset register, periodic financial reports and budget for all the beneficiaries
- Conducts needs assessments and case studies of beneficiaries in the project as well as update their files and database.
- Develop a marketing strategy and secure markets for each initiative. Plan and conduct meetings with the youth and families to monitor and evaluate progress
- Ensure effective communication, marketing and networking with other relevant stakeholders to improve the referral, production and sales from the empowerment initiatives.
- Enhance project efficiency and effectiveness through implementation of follow-up activities with various stakeholders, including monitoring of Koinonia inputs, local conditions and resources
- Facilitate beneficiary related training and orientation materials to promote establishment of income generating activities, knowledge building and sharing with other stakeholders.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Team Leader
Minimum Requirements and experience
- Diploma Business Administration, Social entrepreneurship, or related field.
- Managed successful businesses for at least three years
- Strong interpersonal & training skills.
- Ability to work autonomously or in a team with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent work ethic, proactive, and flexible to work long hours when required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and general computer & technology literacy.
- Due to the nature of the work, fluency in Swahili will be a strong advantage.
Terms of Employment:
- I year Renewable Contract
- Probation period for the first 3 Months
Interested candidates WHO FULLY MEET the above criteria should send their applications to Human Resources Manager (via E-mail- email@example.com with Subject. Empowerment Officer Job Application, handwritten application can be deposited at the reception of Kivuli centre or Shalom House,St.Daniel Comboni Rd,off Ngong’ road ) along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic certificates stating their current position, three (3) professional referees, current, and expected salary and their daytime contacts addressed to: Human Resource Manager
The Closing date for receiving applications will be 19th September 2018. Koinonia Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.