Koinonia Community is seeking to fill the position of a College Principal as detailed below;
Job title: College Principal
Reporting line: Board of Directors.
The Principal will be responsible for all the operations at the College. H/she will ensure that the college’s vision and objectives are met under an effective management. The position requires a strategic team leader with talent, knowledge, skills and attitude for the development of all rounded students.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to;
- Guiding and supervising curriculum implementation and ensuring compliance with government policies in education under TVETA.
- Formulating alternative education programs and developing strategies for the implementation and maintenance of high academic and discipline levels.
- Facilitating mentorship, induction, and desirable capacity building programs for the staff.
- Facilitating supervision and appraisal of staff as well as promote team work
- Timely preparation and presentation of college Budget for approval by the Board of Directors and monitoring of expenditure through requisitions and liquidations.
- Maintaining proper records of all meetings, policies and other relevant documents expected by stakeholders.
- Perform administrative work and provide leadership on the daily operations.
- Drive innovation, marketing and publicity; ensuring that the college maintains competitive standards in every front and sustains growth
- Ensure that high quality standards are set and meet expectations from all students by promoting education that is practical, problem-based, and student-centered.
- Manage relations with parents, guardians and other external public
- Maintains academic knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Carrying out all other duties as may be prescribed by the Board from time to time.
Minimum Requirements and experience
- Holder of a Bachelor of Education degree or a Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (if first degree is BA/Bsc)
- At least five (5) years experience in a similar position with teaching experience
- Be registered by Teachers Service Commission with good knowledge on code of conduct and ethics for teachers
- Evidence of entrepreneurial skills required in managing a technical institution.
- Computer literacy a must: working knowledge of MS office required;
- Good knowledge of children rights and abuse prevention
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
Terms of Employment:
- I year Renewable Contract
- Probation period for the first 3 Months
Interested candidates WHO FULLY MEET the above criteria should send their applications to Human Resources Manager (via E-mail- email@example.com with Subject. College Principal Job Application, handwritten applications can be deposited at the reception of Shalom House,St. Daniel Comboni Rd, off Ngong’ road ) along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certificate of good conduct and copies of both academic and professional certificates stating their current position, three (3) professional referees, current and expected salary and their daytime contacts addressed to: Human Resource Manager
The Closing date for receiving applications will be 3rd February 2019. Koinonia Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability