Koinonia Community is seeking to fill the position of a speech therapist for children as detailed below;
Reporting line: Project manager.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to;
- Facilitate quality beneficiary assessment sessions in line with their rehabilitation care plans. This involves facilitation of programs in mentorship and education
- Coordinate and plan with the other staff members on internal control systems, work schedules and follow ups such as community, home, hospital and school visits
- planning and providing appropriate interventions on Articulation and Phonological Delay (Sound Errors), Language Delays (Expressive and/or Receptive), Social Skills, Auditory Processing, Language Deficits, Apraxia of Speech, Fluency/Stuttering and resonance among others to children with special needs
- Promote team work in the facilitation of beneficiary activities with other members of staff and volunteers.
- Giving advice and support to patients, family members and teachers
- maintain records, case notes and write report
- liaising with doctors, physiotherapists, teachers, family members and carers
- Performing controlled therapy sessions with individuals, groups and/or families.
- Plan and conduct monthly meetings with the parents and the community
- Ensure effective communication, mobilization and networking with other relevant organizations for referrals and support in the rescue, rehabilitation and reintegration of beneficiaries.
- Compile beneficiary related training and orientation materials to promote knowledge sharing with other members of staff, donors and all other stakeholders.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Project Manager
Minimum Requirements and experience
- Qualification in speech therapy for children or related field.
- Skills in counseling and special needs education will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy a must: working knowledge of MS office required;
- Good knowledge of human rights and especially the rights of children living with disabilities
- Experience in capacity building which includes facilitation of community-based training and awareness
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- No less than 2 years previous work experience,
Terms of Employment:
- I year Renewable Contract on part-time basis
- Probation period for the first 3 Months
Interested candidates WHO FULLY MEET the above criteria should send their applications to Human Resources Manager (via E-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject. Speech therapist for children Job Application, handwritten applications can be deposited at the reception of Shalom House, St. Daniel Comboni Rd, (off Ngong’ road) along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certificate of good conduct and copies of both academic and professional certificates stating their current position, three (3) professional referees, current and expected salary and their daytime contacts addressed to: Human Resource Manager
The Closing date for receiving applications will be the 4th of May 2018. Koinonia Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.