Koinonia Community is seeking to fill the position of Economic Empowerment Officer as detailed below.
Role: Economic Empowerment Officer
Reporting line: Team Leader
Koinonia is seeking for an Economic Empowerment Officer within the framework of the “NICE: Need for Inclusive Children Education”: family and school support programme for equitable and inclusive access to school for children living on the street and/or with disabilities” Project.
The Economic Empowerment Officer will be in charge of providing guidance, coaching and monitoring to the groups of caregivers of children with disabilities and helping the caregivers to start and/or to improve their individual business.
The Economic Empowerment Officer will be based at Shalom House, St. Daniel Comboni Rd, off Ngong’ road, (Nairobi) with frequent visits to project areas and business locations and will report directly to the project team leader, to ensure smooth coordination of the project’s activities, in line with the logical framework and the budget.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited
Reporting and Data analysis
- Regularly collect data, analyze results, and use findings to make informed decisions for the economic empowerment activity improvement
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of Economic empowerment activity and caregivers progress data
- Prepare and submit regular reports to the project team leader
- Conducts follow ups to caregivers to monitor the progress of their businesses
- Identify economic challenges and opportunities through active participation and dialogue with the caregivers
- Work closely with caregivers to ensure the successful execution of their economic initiatives.
Capacity Building and evaluation
- Promote financial literacy and inclusion by guiding caregivers on proper way to run and manage the businesses
- Foster a culture of self-reliance and sustainability to the targeted caregivers
- Evaluate the impact of economic empowerment activity to caregivers and their families.
Collaboration and partnerships
- Link the caregivers with resources in the community which will boost their business
- Build and maintain partnerships with local organizations, government agencies, and stakeholders to enhance the impact to caregivers and families
Minimum requirements and experience
- BA in economics, business administration, Development and Cooperation or other related fields;
- At least 2 years’ experience in development work with specific emphasis on economic empowerment, disability inclusion, gender equality;
- Experience in planning, budgeting, work plans development;
- Good understanding and knowledge on economic empowerment, business development; plan, enterprise development, livelihood or employment creation;
- Understanding of the key dynamics for the inclusion of persons with disabilities;
- Experience in data collection tools and community outreach activities is an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication and reporting skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, culturally and socially sensitive;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English;
- Proficiency in the use of computer, office software packages;
- Fluency in professional written and speaking English and Swahili
- Respectful and compliant with organizational rules and procedures
- Knowledge of Braille and/or Sign language is an asset
Terms of Employment:
- I year Renewable Contract
- Probation period for the first 3 Months
Interested candidates WHO FULLY MEET the above criteria should send their applications to:
- Human Resources Manager, Subject “Economic Empowerment Officer Job Application”
- via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Handwritten applications can be deposited at the reception of Shalom House, St. Daniel Comboni Rd, off Ngong’ road.
The application must include:
- detailed Curriculum Vitae
- motivational letter
- certificate of good conduct
- copies of both academic and professional certificates stating their current position
- three (3) professional referees
- expected salary
The Closing date for receiving applications will be 29th February 2024. Koinonia Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability
We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted